Version 6.7.10 (January 25, 2017)
- Added customizable date/time stamps for stories.
- Added new full width widget areas to homepage.
- Added ability to create widget based category pages.
- Added new SNO Story Carousel widget.
Version 6.6.5 (December 22, 2016)
- Rebuilt all slideshow functionality — slideshows now display in overlay window.
- Rebuilt mechanism that enlarges main story photos on click.
- Adjusted how display of mobile content is generated.
- Fixed bug that caused some images in SNO Category widget not to load at full height on first load.
Version 6.5 (November 21, 2016)
- Optimized database queries on staff profile pages and created staff profile caches.
- Enabled caching of category widgets on the homepage.
- Added placement options for Ad Marketplace ad position.
Version 6.4.1 (September 6, 2016)
- Added option to dismiss message about new Trending Stories feature.
- Adjusted mobile responsive display of photo row carousel and double photo row carousel.
- Hover text on blocks style carousels now displays by default rather than touch on touchscreen devices.
- Created more image size tolerance in block style photo carousels.
- New security feature — brute force login prevention based on a combination of username and IP
- New security feature — required password resets after 180 days.
- New security feature — added minimum strength for passwords.
- New security feature — added to the blacklist of plugins not allowed to be uploaded.
- Replaced +/- button images on comments box with font-based icons.
- Changed default size of sharing icons to 40px wide.
- Added hover effect to images in category widgets on homepage.
Version 6.3.8 (July 24, 2016)
- Fixed issue with thumbnails from vertical photos in the category widgets that caused them to appear stretched.
Version 6.3.7 (July 23, 2016)
- Security updates
Version 6.3 (June 24, 2016)
- Added new SNO Trending Stories widget — uses data from Google Analytics to display a list of most-read stories in any widget area.
Version 6.2.11 (June 18, 2016)
- Added option for smaller sharing icons.
- Added options for colors and hover colors of icons.
- Added search feature to Hover Bar.
- Added custom color options to Hover Bar.
- Added functionality to create custom groups other than school years for staff page.
- Updated default school year to 2016-2017 for all sports and staff page functions.
- Fixed bug in blocks style showcase on tablet sized browsers.
Version 6.2.5 (June 14, 2016)
- Added security features to theme base.
Version 6.2.4 (June 10, 2016)
- Added floating header bar that descends onto screen as reader scrolls down
- Displays logo
- Displays menu icon
- Displays scroll progress
- Displays page title
- Displays scroll to top option
- Displays sharing icons when on individual story page
- Added sharing and email options for stories that don’t rely on external plugins.
Version 6.1.2 (May 25, 2016)
- Fixed bug that caused new carousel styles not to show up when site CSS is being served from cache.
Version 6.1 (May 24, 2016)
- Added new showcase carousel option — double row of blocks.
- Added option to remove padding around main part of homepage — carousels and widget areas can now span the full 980px.
- Fixed bug that caused borders not to show on some carousels.
- Fixed bug that caused extra column to left of homepage to not size properly with some settings on screens wider than 1400px.
Version 6.0.7 (May 19, 2016)
- Added options for social media icons to have rounded corners.
- Fixed bug that caused blocks style menus to not properly add the More menu item.
- Fixed bug that allowed empty mini-logo field to be added to menus.
Version 6.0.6 (May 18, 2016)
- Fixed the header width from extending beyond the header area if the uploaded header is too large and set as uncentered.
- Fixed the Instagram social media icon.
- Fixed the “Edit This” link in the breaking news ticker.
- Fixed bug that caused the More menu item to show up if the menu doesn’t take up the full width.
- Adjusted options for social media icon borders.
- Adjusted name of class for mobile detection to prevent fatal errors with other WordPress plugins that may use the same script.
- Adjusted the default colors of the date and text background in the breaking news ticker when those colors are unset on the SNO Design Options page.
Version 6.0.5 (May 17, 2016)
The homepage of FLEX has always displayed at a width of 980 pixels, but this release has options that allow you to expand your homepage up to 1400 pixels wide to take advantage of the wide-screen monitors your readers might be using. To take advantage of this added real estate, go to the SNO Design Options page and look for the new section labeled “Full-Width Browser Options.”
You can now activate an additional widget area that displays content just for wide-screen monitors. When your viewer’s browser is wider than 1210 pixels, this widget area displays to the left of your normal homepage content. You can add any widgets you’d like to this area, but keep in mind that this content ONLY displays on wide screens –– it’s completely hidden on smaller screens. For that reason, we recommend that you think of this area as bonus content for your readers –– use it to add additional advertising spaces or a Recent Posts widget. We also recommend that you set this extra column to be “sticky,” meaning that it will stay in place at the top of your screen while the rest of your normal homepage scrolls as usual. Making this area sticky will prevent a big empty space from showing on the left side of your screen as your reader scrolls down.
If you have the Outer Background option set to “Defined Edges,” this extra column will slide up alongside your header graphic. With this option, we recommend that you have either a navigation menu, breaking news ticker, or social media icons set to display at the top edge of your site. Do this in combination with making either of your menus “sticky” to give your reader an easy path to navigate throughout your site. And if you want a large and dominant header, set the Outer Background to “Full Browser Width” and the extra column will tuck in beneath the header and to the left of your regular homepage content.
The second part of this new version of FLEX is the addition of a whole new set of design options for the header area. You can now activate the Alternate Header Mode –– this low-profile header area is just 80 pixels tall and spans the full width of your browser. The space for the header graphic itself is much smaller –– just 325 pixels wide, and the area to the right of the header graphic can be set to display leaderboard ads, menus, social media icons, or the breaking news ticker. This new alternate header can be set to “stick” to the top of your screen to provide your readers with quick and easy access to navigation, and you can also activate a “slide-out” navigation menu on the left side and add a bar above the header for extra features.
The new recommended size for full screen header graphics is 1400 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall, and FLEX will recommend a header graphic size for small screens for you based on the options you select –– find this recommendation in the Custom Header Graphic section on the SNO Design Options page.
We haven’t forgotten about the small screens either. This release has an option that allows you to control which content will show up when your site is viewed on a mobile device. To take advantage of this new option, click on Widgets under the Appearance tab and add any widgets you’d like to the “Mobile Phone Homepage” widget area. Once you add widgets here, this content will take the place of your traditional homepage when your site is viewed on a phone. You can then use the customizing options in each widget to give your mobile version its own distinct personality. If you leave this widget area empty, your site will display a mobile-responsive version of your full homepage, just as it always has.
There are other notable changes in this release as well:
- The social media icons have been updated. They’re now font-based with options for color and monochromatic display, and you can add borders up to 10 pixels wide around each icon.
- The header graphic can now be centered in the header area.
- Widget Style 6 has a new look. Just set the “Title Bar Indent” to “Off” to create a bar of color beside the widget title.
- Widget Titles can now be set to three sizes –– small, medium, and large.
- The breaking news ticker and navigation menus can also be set to three sizes.
- Each widget now has the option to add additional padding on the bottom to make it easier to line them all up to the exact pixel.
- Icons can easily be added to any navigation menu item — just click Menus under the Appearance tab, and you’ll see that each menu item has an Icon option.
- You can add a mini-logo to any of your navigation bars. Try this option along with the option to hide the traditional header area for a slim, low profile header.
- If your navigation menus get too long for the width of the browser, FLEX will automatically collapse the extra elements into a “More” tab.
Version 5.11.4 (March 30, 2016)
- Added CSS styling for all menu sizes for menu icons added with the Menu Icons plugin.
Version 5.11.3 (March 24, 2016)
- Added functionality to automatically add a photo credit for uploaded photos from embedded Photoshop IPTC info.
Version 5.11.2 (March 22, 2016)
- Fixed bug that caused the Showcase using standard width blocks not to display properly if user uploaded a photo that was too small.
Version 5.11.1 (March 16, 2016)
- Fixed bug that caused Recent Results section on Sports Center to show all old games.
Version 5.11 (March 15, 2016)
- Added three size options for each of two header menus.
- Added floating menu option for both header menus.
- Added mini-logo option for both header menus.
- Added default settings on the SNO Design Options page for SNO Story Elements.
- Set social media icon links to open in a new tab.
- Set max length for name of opponent and location in Sports Center tables.
- Fixed Sports Center bug that caused scores to be repeated on the following line.
- Fixed Sports Center bug that caused the upcoming games list to skip some games.
- Fixed bug that caused secondary headline from not being able to be deleted.
- Adjusted jquery calls on long-form templates.
Version 5.10 (March 8, 2016)
- Added new Immersive Splash Page functionality.
- Enabled auto-updating of WordPress, the FLEX theme, and plugins installed by SNO.
- Fixed bug that caused zeros not to not save properly in sports scores in the Sports Center add-on.
Version 5.9.14 (March 1, 2016)
- Adjusted styles for SNO Preset Style Starter Dusk and Modern.
- Adjusted Grid template to prevent it from auto-inserting sharing icons in the body of the story.
- Adjusted SNO links in dashboard.
- Adjusted the grid template so that stories only show up if set to Published.
- Adjusted the styles for embedded tweets.
- Adjusted H3 styles on story pages.
- Adjusted CSS for thumbnail images on homepage to prevent distortion when images aren’t uploaded at the proper size.
- Adjusted width of centered items on “With Sidebar” story template to prevent them from spilling over.
- Adjusted SNO Preset Style Starters so that menu locations don’t get reset when the style starter is changed.
- Adjusted styles for leaderboard ad so that ads served with ad tags render at the proper size on mobile.
- Adjusted text size of comments on Full-Width story template.
- Adjusted category view to not display improperly sized images.
- Adjusted max-width on carousel thumbnails to prevent flash of large photo during a slow page load.
- Adjusted text of WordPress update message notification.
- Adjusted slide-in animation effect on embedded elements such as videos and infographics.
- Added functionality to SNO Photo Gallery Widget to display all recent photos as an option.
- Added functionality to Non-Home Sidebar to automatically pull content from Home Top Right sidebar if Non-Home Sidebar is empty.
- Added functionality to remove blank custom fields in the wp_postmeta table when stories are saved.
- Added functionality so that grid chapters get their own accessible URL.
- Fixed bug that caused “Read Story” links on Sports Center pages from not working properly.
- Fixed bug that prevented replying to comments via the WordPress dashboard.
- Fixed bug that caused custom deck colors on some story templates from displaying properly.
- Fixed bug that caused apostrophes not to work in sports standings widgets.
- Fixed bug that caused ties not to show up in standings on individual pages within the Sports Center.
- Fixed bug that caused blocks style showcase to display incorrectly when photos that are too small are uploaded to this area.
- Fixed bug that caused an extra box to appear above the comments box on some story page templates.
- Fixed bug that caused link for “Edit Grid Container” to show up for non-logged in users.
- Fixed bug that caused headlines in blocks style showcase to display wrong font.
- Fixed bug that caused legacy NextGen slideshows added with custom fields from not showing up.
Version 5.9.13 (October 16, 2015)
- Fixed bug that caused Grid template not to load chapters in Chrome and IE.
- Added SNOMobile support for the staff page and profile feature.
Version 5.9.11 (October 3, 2015)
- Fixed bug in new carousel that caused first story to be skipped.
- Fixed bug in new carousel that caused darkened overlay not to display.
- Fixed bug that caused headline fonts not to show in new carousel.
Version 5.9.9 (October 2, 2015)
- Added new carousel style with option to extend all the way to browser edges.
- Added Slide-In effect to widgets and story elements.
- Adjusted size of photos on Side Rails template.
- Adjusted main column width on Side Rails template.
- Expanded search results to include sports center results.
- Added support for the SNO Sports Center on the SNOMobile app.
- Added fade-in effect, new styling, and photo effects to all block styles — showcase area and staff page.
- Changed styling of category name on image/text carousels. Excluded the category being used in the carousel from displaying its name.
- Added option for grid styles on Teaser Bar A and Teaser Bar B.
- Added option to extend Teaser Bar A and Teaser Bar B outside of main margin.
- Fixed bug that cause image flash on carousels.
- Removed end-user access to media options screen.
- Adjusted footer menu area not to display default menu if no menu had been selected.
Version 5.9.8 (September 21, 2015)
- Removed debug code from Sports Center page.
Version 5.9.7 (September 21, 2015)
- Fixed bug on display of side-by-side chapters.
- Adjusted display of comments boxes on side-by-side chapters.
- Adjusted search query parameters to work better with staff profiles.
Version 5.9.3 (September 19, 2015)
- Adjusted styling of mobile menu icon to overlay header graphic.
- Fixed bug on grid template related to display of featured image on chapter stories.
- Fixed bug on grid template related to order of chapter stories.
- Fixed bug on grid template related to display of bylines on overlays.
- Added support for the grid template on the SNOMobile platform.
Version 5.9.1 (September 18, 2015)
- Added new grid-style long-form story template.
- Enabled use of special characters (apostrophes and ampersands) in Sports Center tools.
- Optimized Sports Center queries.
- Removed the WordPress “Add New” link from above story editing screen.
- Allowed comments to be closed on side by side stories.
- Adjusted spacing of comments boxes on side by side stories.
- Enable staff profile searching with default site search feature.
- Adjusted exclusion mechanism on Showcase to prevent stories without photos from being fully excluded from homepage.
- Removed “SNO Ad Manager” options from SNO Design Options page unless SNO Ad Manager is installed.
- Removed option to change site and admin URLs on general settings page.
- Removed access to Magic Fields settings.
- Added support for styles for embedded elements on SNOMobile app.
- Added meta tags for Facebook sharing
- Made comments box on “with sidebar” template collapsible.
- Added support for “Do Not Display” photo option on SNOMobile app.
Version 5.8.3 (August 26, 2015)
- Added support for display of stories assigned to the side-by-side template in the SNOMobile app.
Version 5.8.2 (August 26, 2015)
- Fixed bug that caused SNO Video Category widget to display the wrong number of extra headlines.
Version 5.8.1 (August 25, 2015)
- Added SNO Shortcode builder to story page to make it easy to add shortcodes for polls, pull quotes, related stories, rosters, schedules, standings, advertisements, sidebars, videos, infographics, and audio clips.
- Reset default dates for staff profiles and sports tools.
- Added support for display of custom field data (bylines, captions, photo credits, videos, and longform pages) in SNOMobile app.
- Stripped photos from short teasers that display on homepage.
- Fixed bug with previewing Sports Center entries on sports with multi-word sport names.
- Added a max-height to display of headers on mobile view.
- Fixed bug that caused the side rail template set to “tags” to display wrong stories.
- Added code to make SNO Design Options page work with a child theme.
- Removed italics form wp-caption class.
- Fixed bug that caused redirect problem from links in SNO Staff Profile widget.
- Stripped out generic WordPress themes from site installation.
- Fixed bug that caused background images to tile on background of site.
- Fixed link to SNO Style Starters on SNO Design Options page.
Version 5.7.1 (July 25, 2015)
- Added new Side by Side story page template.
- Rebuilt menus for mobile view to be displayed on slide out panel.
Version 5.6.5 (June 19, 2015)
- Added options for inverted colors (white text on dark background) on all non-home pages and story templates.
- Added 6th widget style option.
Version 5.6.3 (June 3, 2015)
- Enabled widget previews through WordPress customizer.
- Simplified interface for all SNO widgets.
- Added 6 new SNO Preset Style Starters.
- Added school year reset date option for sports center page and staff page.
- Removed SNO Audio widget.
- Optimized database updates.
Version 5.5.18 (February 5, 2015)
- Added new spam protection features.
Version 5.5.17 (January 26, 2015)
- Fixed styles on slideshows on long-form template.
Version 5.5.16 (January 9, 2015)
- Fixed bullet points on full-width story page.
Version 5.5.15 (January 9, 2015)
- Adjusted byline style on full-width story page.
Version 5.5.14 (January 7, 2015)
- Adjusted queries to increase performance on large sites.
- Added design option to make width of staff profile photo adjustable for individual staff profile pages.
- Changed support link for tickets.
- Adjusted positioning of the long-form chapter menu.
- Added styling to force category box, featured image box, and SNO Design Options box to stay displayed on the add/edit story page.
- Adjusted alignment of all image styles inserted into the body of the story on the classic story page template.
- Added sharing icons to the Side Rails template.
- Added date and byline exclusion options for story page templates.
- Added ol and ul styles on long-form template.
- Fixed bug that caused some unpublished stories to show up on staff profile pages.
- Fixed bug on Side Rails template that caused multi-word tags not to work on the left rail.
- Fixed bug that caused View All link not to show up in SNO Category widget in the 2 column display mode.
- Fixed bug that caused byline links not to work if Staff page wasn’t configured as top-level page.
Version 5.5.13 (September 24, 2014)
- Created preview link for sports scores.
- Adjusted sports center page to show all date and time fields for current season.
- Added styling to images set to “alignnone”.
- Adjusted category page query to improve performance.
- Adjusted View All link on SNO Page Widget.
- Adjusted how Mobile Menu is generated if no mobile menu is defined.
- Removed function that set WordPress author name to be the same as the writer custom field to prevent overwriting the names of contributors on revisions.
- Added staff position to be displayed on staff profile preview.
- Adjusted spacing and alignment of right rail on Side Rails template.
Version 5.5.11 (September 9, 2014)
- Added ability to shut off header area and use leaderboard ad area as alternate header.
- Adjusted byline and credit links to not display if the staff page has been deleted or disabled.
- Fixed bug for staff profile links for names with non-standard characters.
- Fixed but on Side Rails template that caused multiple photos from same story to show up from photographer in list of recent photos.
- Fixed bug that caused featured images not to display on legacy sites/content.
- Fixed bug that caused Google fonts not to work on sites using SSL.
- Fixed bug that caused audio files not to display in stories.
Version 5.5.10 (September 6, 2014)
- Bug fix: Adjusted text color on some homepage carousel options.
Version 5.5.9 (September 6, 2014)
- New feature: small leaderboard ad can be moved from the right to the left to serve as alternate header image.
- New feature: added option to display photo credits in some showcase carousels on the homepage.
- New feature: added option to hide videos on category page views.
- Added Vine icon to social media icons.
- Added CSS classes to bylines, dates, and category list on classic story page to enable use of custom CSS for these elements.
- Bug fix: alignment of objects embedded within stories.
- Changed support link from an email link to direct link to support site at Zendesk.
- Adjusted exclusion array in SNO Category widget to prevent duplicate content on homepage.
- Removed Sports Center entries from RSS feed.
- Added clearing element to header area div.
- Adjusted width of SNO Ad Network header on full width story page.
- Forced left rail to hold its width even when empty on new Side Rails story template.
- Adjusted the text size in the Other Stories feature at the bottom of the story page.
- Bug fix: prevent broken image from showing on photo grid version of the staff page.
- Adjusted text size of staff name on grid version of staff page.
- Added option to SNO Text Widget to control whether or not the text should be wrapped in a <p> tag.
- Updated Google Analytics code.
- Adjusted thumbnail display on story page slideshows for mobile versions.
- Bug fix: Fixed category selector in the Breaking News Ticker exclusion settings.
- Removed the default WordPress customize link.
- Bug fix: Fixed the preview link for sports center tools when the sport has more than one word.
Version 5.5.8 (August 19, 2014)
- Adjusted staff profile page query to exclude drafts and trashed stories.
Version 5.5.7 (August 18, 2014)
- Bug fix: Fixed PHP warning on SNO Category widget.
Version 5.5.6 (August 14, 2014)
- Bug fix: Fixed PHP warnings on staff profile page and photographer byline.
- Bug fix: Made name comparison on staff profile page case-insensitive.
- Bug fix: Prevented flashing of oversized image in carousel on page load.
Version 5.5.5 (August 14, 2014)
- New Feature: Added option to use custom link and text color for homepage.
- Style Adjustment: Set inner background for sports center and multimedia add-on pages to match category pages.
- Style Adjustment: Forced all headlines on Story Rails page to be left aligned.
- Style Adjustment: Removed option to adjust horizontal padding on navigation menu items.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that caused some older stories not to show up on category pages.
- Bug fix: Set new footer ad area to be collapsed by default.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that caused empty bylines to show up.
Version 5.5.4 (August 8, 2014)
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that caused static page content to be hidden.
Version 5.5.3 (August 8, 2014)
- Bug fix: Fixed ad network warning message in non-home sidebar.
- Bug fix: Adjusted spacing of right rail on Side Rails page.
Version 5.5.2 (August 7, 2014)
- Bug fix: Fixed redirect issue.
- Bug fix: Fixed staff profile story list compiler error that occurred with long-form chapters.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that caused some video credits not to show on staff page.
- Simplified writer and video credit queries.
Version 5.5.1 (August 7, 2014)
- Bug fix: SNO Ad Rotate function name adjusted.
Version 5.5.0 (August 7, 2014)
- Added new SNO Launch Pad page for users when they first log in to the WordPress dashboard.
- Added new Side Rails story page template.
- Can display other posts by in the left rail based on tag, category, author’s name, photographer’s name, or videographer’s name.
- Added new SNO Tag Widget that can display stories on the homepage based on tags.
- Rebuilt the Staff Page and Byline mechanism.
- All bylines now link to a profile page, even if a profile hasn’t yet been created.
- Rebuilt the individual staff profile page, splicing all of a writer’s work (stories, photos, and videos) into a single list.
- New Advertisment Functionality
- Added 2 advertisement spaces in the footer of the site.
- Added compatibility for the new SNO Ad Rotate add-on in leaderboard and footer ad spaces.
- Sports Center Enhancements
- Excluded Sports Center content (roster entries, standings, games) from Search and Category pages.
- Fixed Preview Post links for Sports Center content.
- Minor Feature Enhancements
- Added photo credits for images inserted into the body of the post and linked these photo credits to existing staff profiles.
- Added an option for Copyright text in the footer.
- Added option to adjust horizontal padding on navigation menu items.
- Redefined h3 and h5 styles for use as subheads on story pages.
- Adjusted menu and sharing icons on Long-Form template mobile view.
- Added option to move headline for Panoramic and Full Photo carousels to any of the four corners.
- Added retina-ready social media icons.
- Added new social media icons.
- Excluded long-form chapters from showing up in Search or Category Pages.
- Fixed the position of the SNO Ad Network at at top of right column on homepage and on non-home template pages, including Full Width story template and Side Rails story template.
- Fixed text that inaccurately showed whether Teaser Bar A and Teaser Bar B were active.
- Hid staff titles on staff pages for archived years.
- Fixed line spacing on extra large headlines on story pages.
- Fixed bug that caused extra space between thumbnails and main photo on SNO Slideshows.
- Fixed bug that caused custom teaser not to show up on classic view of category page.
Version 5.4.15 (April 30, 2014)
- Fixed bug that caused warning message when saving content.
- Performance enhancements.
Version 5.4.14 (April 24, 2014)
- Removed debugging code from last release.
Version 5.4.13 (April 24, 2014)
- Added custom teaser feature — teasers on homepage and category pages no longer have to be the beginning of the story.
- Added ability to the SNO Category widget to display All Posts.
- Adjusted space between video thumbnails in SNO Video Category widget.
- Added option to adjust category page height option for preview tiles.
- Allowed ability to hide headline and date on category page and story page.
- Limited the number of additional categories being displayed on the bottom of the story page to two.
- Added option to remove social media icons from long-form story template.
- Adjusted initial scroll height on long-form template to accommodate stories without images.
- Enabled long-form stories and chapters to be previewed even when in draft, scheduled, or pending mode.
- Hid pull quotes from mobile phone view.
- Set staff page name and link to display by default.
- Enabled Google fonts to be active by default.
- Adjusted space between stories on SNO Category widget and SNO Video Category widgets when displayed in two column mode.
- Added byline option for individual long-form chapters.
- Added .aligncenter class to CSS.
- Fixed broken images on SNO Design Options page in the Header Graphic section.
- Removed sticky option from edit story page.
- Added option to turn off two column format for video widget
- Set default size for all large images to 900px and 900px.
- Set default to require all comments to be approved before publication.
- Force thumbnail to be small when only one photo is displayed in horizontal teaser bars on homepage.
- Reworded update notices on Updates page.
- Added link to SNO Support in admin footer.
- Added SNO logo and link to login page.
Version 5.4.12 (February 27, 2014)
- Adjusted immersive photo on long-form template to pull full-size image.
Version 5.4.11 (February 27, 2014)
- Adjusted option for excluding showcase stories from category widgets on the homepage to be based on Post ID rather than Category ID to prevent unnecessary exclusions.
- Fixed bug that caused thumbnails to stack improperly in SNO Category Widget in Chrome.
- Adjusted size of text box for adding a headline deck on the edit story screen.
- Disabled link that allows readers to register for subscriber accounts in order to prevent spam and spam user accounts.
- Fixed bug that caused top edge border not to display properly.
- Restricted thumbnail size in homepage carousel to prevent thumbnail from flashing large on page open.
- Added an email link to SNO Support on the main dashboard page.
- Removed Safari notice on the SNO Design Options page.
Version 5.4.10 (February 23, 2014)
- Added option for Sports Schedule widget to display full season of one sport.
- Fixed headline color bug on story page.
- Fixed bug with overlay effect on blocks-style carousel.
Version 5.4.9 (February 19, 2014)
- Added option for disabling scroll-to-fix for headlines on full-width template.
- Adjusted style on video widget thumbnails.
- Adjusted widths of content in sports score and schedule widgets.
- Adjusted default settings for widgets and widget configurations.
- Adjusted photo layout in two-column option for Home Main Column widget area.
- Adjusted settings of long-form template so that chapters in draft status can be displayed.
- Fixed bug that caused a staff page teaser to display when it shouldn’t.
Version 5.4.8 (February 13, 2014)
- Added option to exclude Showcase stories from being displayed in other category widgets on the homepage.
- Adjusted list of long-form stories on the edit story page to include stories in draft mode as well as published stories.
- Set default to list style for category page when no style is selected.
- Added new 2-column display options for SNO Category widget and SNO Video Category widget when placed in the Home Main Column widget area.
- Removed 7 thumbnail sizes, and added code to override image sizes on the Settings->Media page.
- Fixed bug that caused sports schedule widget to show the same game multiple times.
- Fixed bug that caused photo credit text to show up when photo credit field is blank.
- Fixed bug that caused second navigation bar from displaying the correct font.
- Fixed bug that caused ads to display too small in the homepage left column.
- Fixed bug that caused some footer display options not to work.
Version 5.4.7 (February 3, 2014)
- Added new carousel option for full-width photo in a 3:2 ratio on the homepage.
- Fixed bug with ad size and sports scrollbox size in left column.
- Removed minimum height requirement on header.
Version 5.4.6 (January 16, 2014)
- Fixed bug that caused category page not to display the correct format.
- Fixed bug that caused comments box to be collapsed by default.
- Added option for overlay view on story page slideshows.
- Added option for font-style on long-form page deck.
- Adjusted menu placement on Minimalist style starter.
- Hid photo credit parentheses when photo credit is blank on slideshows.
- Added styling to force Flexslider carousels to be full height on page load.
Version 5.4.5 (January 9, 2014)
- Connected byline on long-form page to default site fonts.
- Fixed bug that caused the “Filed Under” bar on the story page to display when option not checked.
- Adjusted the database query for the Sports Center drop-down list.
- Fixed bug that caused Google fonts not to display if one of the font zones was set to a blank value.
Version 5.4.3 (January 7, 2014)
- Fixed bug that caused menu locations to reset on application of Style Starters
- Fixed bug that caused extra spacing between menu items and sub-menu items.
Version 5.4.2 (January 6, 2014)
- Adjusted styling for margins on block style navigation bars.
- New styles added for headline overlay in three of the carousel options.
- Carousel background set to white Classic style starter.
Version 5.4.1 (January 3, 2014)
- Fixed header font in Minimalist Style Starter.
- Fixed typo in Long-Form section on SNO Design Options Page.
- Set default headline style for classic story page to be left aligned.
- Adjusted options for Clean Style Starter for background and footer background.
Version 5.4.0 (January 1, 2014)
- Added new long-form story template with minimized header, built-in navigation to individual chapters, and options for full-browser immersive photos and unlimited slideshows.
- Redesigned and simplified the SNO Design Option page.
- Redesigned the looks of the SNO Style Presets.
- Default WordPress gallery shortcode now generates a slideshow with the Flex Slider script.
- Added option for applying custom CSS.
- Enabled theme menu locations functionality to allow any menu to be assigned to any theme menu location.
- Added option to Sports Schedule widget to display just the schedule for an individual team.
- Simplified the options under the Appearance tab.
- Restyled update notices.
- Added option for ties in the Sports Center standings widget.
- Fixed display bug that caused an extra pixel of height in the navigation bars in Chrome.
- Social media icons and search box can now be placed within the header area.
- Added option to center leaderboard ad.
- Added ability to hide RSS icon.
- Merged and simplified SNO Design Options in right column on Add Story / Edit Story page.
- Simplified the Add New and Edit screens for Breaking News, Sports Center, and Staff Profiles.
Version 5.3.18 (November 26, 2013)
- Prevented duplicate photo display if slideshow on story page only has a single image.
- Sports list on sports center add-on page now reflects sports list from game scheduler write panel.
- Prevented Magic Fields attributes from being changed to “none”.
- Default style for additional headlines on SNO Category widget set to teasers
- Fixed bug that caused interior border around main body of teaser bars on homepage when border was activated on homepage carousel.
Version 5.3.17 (November 20, 2013)
- Fixed bug that caused Leaderboard Ad area design options not to display.
Version 5.3.16 (November 19, 2013)
Version 5.3.15 (November 18, 2013)
- Adjusted style of embedded elements on classic story page.
- Added option to hide “Filed Under” on classic story page.
- Adjusted spam protection.
- Adjusted options for widget style reset tool.
Version 5.3.14 (October 2, 2013)
- Fixed menu spacing in footer.
- Fixed misspelling of “secondary” on story page.
- SNO Update message for WordPress, themes, and plugins now links to main WordPress updates page.
- FIxed bug that caused staff profile not to display list of staff member’s stories when story template set to “With Sidebar”.
- Fixed bug that caused wrong caption to display in overlay box on story page slideshows.
Version 5.3.13 (September 9, 2013)
- Adjusted sports center schedules so that they use the local time zone rather than server’s time zone.
- Added styling for pull quote feature on story page with sidebar.
- Added styling to footer menu items.
- Adjusted ad widget to scale ads that are too large for the widget.
- Fixed bug that caused Feedburner to be reset when new preset design was applied.
- Removed all links to comments on the story page when comments are disabled site-wide on the SNO Design Options page.
Version 5.3.12 (August 22, 2013)
- Fixed image scaling bug on one of the Showcase carousel options for mobile versions.
- Fixed spacing on expand/collapse buttons on comments box on story page.
- Fixed bug that caused eNews widget not to display input box.
- Matched background color on headline and social media bars to background color on story pages.
- Adjusted plugin update notice to only display if there are more than 3 plugin updates available.
- Fixed bug that caused double comments policy display on classic story page.
- Reactivated 2 default WordPress widgets.
Version 5.3.11 (August 7, 2013)
- Enhanced update notices for plugins, WordPress, and the FLEX theme
- Removed the default WordPress Customize link under the Appearance tab.
Version 5.3.10 (August 2, 2013)
- Adjusted code for audio files throughout theme to use the new native audio player that comes with WordPress 3.6.
- Added the ability to add default text before photo credits.
Version 5.3.9 (August 1, 2013)
- Removed arrows from PrettyPhoto overlay on single image displays the story page.
Version 5.3.8 (July 31, 2013)
- Fixed bug in background pattern displays that caused site to try to load non-existent image.
- Adjusted size of audio player.
Version 5.3.7 (July 29, 2013)
- Added feature on SNO Design Options page to hide or display comments box by default on the story page.
- Fixed bug that caused Comments Policy added on the SNO Design Page not to show up.
Version 5.3.6 (July 28, 2013)
- Added option for left-aligned headline and deck on story page.
- Removed unneeded widgets from WordPress Dashboard screen.
- Fixed bug that caused Feedburner widget to be hidden.
Version 5.3.5 (July 27, 2013)
- Fixed photo size options bug in SNO Category Widget.
- Fixed spacing around pagination links on category view page.
- Site name and tagline in footer now set to use same fonts as header.
- Fixed headline color bug in homepage carousel.
- Fixed bug that prevented the proper number of posts from displaying in multimedia package features.
- Removed LinkedIn from social media icons.
- Added Feedburner option to SNO Design Options page.
- Adjusted alignment of Feedburner icon.
- Fixed spacing bug in SNO Advertisement Widget.
- Enabled PrettyPhoto overlay slideshow view on story page slideshows and multimedia page slideshows.
- Added clearing div above footer menu.
Version 5.3.4 (June 24, 2013)
- Fixed bug in display of SNO Sports Score Scrollbox widget.
Version 5.3.3 (June 20, 2013)
- Added new styling options on the SNO Design Options page for category, staff, and story pages.
- Added option for border between scores on SNO Sports Score Scrollbox widget.
- SNO Video Display widget now uses category name as widget title.
- Added ability to control font of captions.
- Added styling for left and right aligned elements on the story page for mobile views.
- Redesigned parts of the SNO Design Options page.
- Fixed bug in display of video credit line.
- Fixed bug with background colors on Category Teaser Bars.
- Fixed blank line bug on Sports Center page.
- Fixed bug that prevented display of custom bullet point image in right column.
- Fixed image location bug on story pages for sites upgraded from Version 4 templates.
- Removed coding and support for Breadcrumb plugin.
Version 5.3.2 (June 1, 2013)
- Fixed color of large quotation mark in pull quote on story page.
- Adjusted color of inner background area on story page.
Version 5.3.1 (May 31, 2013)
- Fixed display of footer gradient.
- Adjusted configurations of some SNO preset design options.
Version 5.3 (May 30, 2013)
- Redesigned story page for full-width display.
- Add pull-quote feature to story page.
- Added three new widget areas to homepage.
- Added two horizontal scrolling category teaser bars to homepage.
- Added option for dominant treatment of a single story at the top of homepage.
- Added AJAX multimedia player at top of homepage for site with Multimedia Add-On.
- Added new tiled display option for category page.
- Added expanded footer display area and footer navigation menu.
Version 5.2.7 (April 20, 2013)
- Fixed bug for display location of Featured Image on story page.
Version 5.2.6 (April 13, 2013)
- Removed Related Posts, Similar Posts, and Posts Plugin Library plugins.
- Removed Related Posts and Similar Posts display section on story page.
Version 5.2.5 (February 28, 2013)
- Fixed bug that caused image uploader not to work on SNO Advertisement widget
Version 5.2.4 (February 7, 2013)
- Enabled display of Post Views on story, search, and archive pages for users with the WP Post Views plugin
Version 5.2.3 (February 3, 2013)
- New Feature: Added option for a fixed background image for site
- New Feature: Scores in sports score scrollbox can now be linked to stories for sites with the Sports Center add-on
- Added option to disable Google fonts site-wide in case of problems with loading Google fonts.
- Adjusted default header styles — font sizes, min height, max height, and background gradient
- Fixed bug in the display of widget style 4 on SNO Design Options page
- Fixed bug in the display of sports schedules for mobile sized devices
- Fixed bug in SNO Video widget that caused display errors if story didn’t have a video
Version 5.2.2 (January 18, 2013)
- Simplified options for Sports Center add-on interface
Version 5.2.1 (January 17, 2013)
- Simplified the Story Write Panel — removed options that weren’t in use
- Simplified the Widget interface by removing default WordPress widgets that aren’t needed
- Fixed bug that caused double headlines to display in one of the Showcase slider options in some versions of Internet Explorer
Version 5.2 (December 12, 2012)
- Enabled automatic updating of theme
- Fixed styles on the SNO Design Options page
- The order of photos in slideshows that are attached to stories can now be controlled