We know we won’t have your attention for long after we say this, but here it comes:
Best of SNO season is upon us. Right now, you can go to the SNO Badges section of your website’s dashboard and submit eligible stories.
The baseline requirements separating eligible stories from the ineligible remain the same as they were last year:
- Stories must be at least 300 words long, with the exception of videos
- Stories must have a featured image that has a caption with at least 10 words and a photo credit
- Stories must have a byline with a writer’s first and last name
- Stories must be submitted within 90 days of being published
- A maximum of three stories can be submitted from your site on any given day
Then of course, the content must be good. It should stand out from the crowd (because it is awfully crowded up in here). It’s extremely competitive.
Last year, we reviewed close to 13,000 stories from 416 programs worldwide and published about 20 percent of them (more than 2,000). Only 269 of the 416 participating programs were published at least once.
Having three stories published to Best of SNO still gets you the Excellence in Writing badge, of the SNO Distinguished Sites program. The remaining badges can be applied for starting Oct. 1.